Position: Program Coordinator
Location: Miami, FL – Hybrid (Remote Virtual/In-Person)
Employment Type: Regular, Full-time
Reports to: Executive Director
Miami Freedom Project is committed to transforming Miami-Dade’s political culture through outreach, movement building, and communication strategies while boldly advocating for climate, economic, health, housing, immigrant, and racial justice. We work to create an enduring, community-driven power base in Florida by identifying the next generation of intellectual, cultural and spiritual leaders willing to change the narrative of what it means to be progressive in Miami.
Miami Freedom Project is an equal opportunity employer. Women, people of color and LGBTQ candidates are encouraged to apply. We are a small organization and looking for someone willing to grow with us.
Responsibilities for the Program Coordinator role center around administrative and programmatic support; management of staff; and execution of operations. Coordinator responsible for implementing plans to engage constituents in MFP activities, events, training, and movement building.
- Plan and manage logistics for in-person and virtual programming, field campaigns, and special events.
- Develop facilitation guides for monthly civic engagement gatherings.
- Manage and oversee the day to day work and special projects to ensure deliverables are met.
- Lead outreach efforts to increase MFP’s grassroots base of leaders, activists, members and volunteers.
- Facilitate and support relationships with coalition partners.
- Optimize, track, and monitor ongoing digital campaigns and field events.
- Develop strategies for constituent engagement.
- Prepare and draft press statements and monthly newsletter.
- Ability to use data systems as organizing tools, regularly keep and update contact, membership, and press lists.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in organizing and civic engagement.
- Knowledge on civic engagement, economic, environmental justice, and immigration strongly preferred.
- Understanding of political, electoral, and legislative processes at the local, state, and national level.
- Applicants must share a strong commitment to MFP’s core mission and be able to draw others into MFP’s work.
- Knowledge of strategic campaign planning, preferably legislative, civic engagement, voter outreach.
- Strong facilitation skills and demonstrated experience in recruiting, motivating, and managing fellow/volunteers for special projects.
- Self-motivated; ability to take initiative and to manage multiple projects; and ability to work collaboratively and as part of a team to advance the mission/goals of the organization.
- Proven ability to quickly learn and effectively use GoogleSuite, administer and train others on CRM platforms and other tech tools. Strong preference for experience with Voter Activation Network (VAN). Ability to administer and train others on the tools.
- Bilingual English/Spanish (written and oral) skills are necessary especially around facilitation, planning and reporting.
- We are committed to a 40 hour work week but applicants should be willing to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends for special events, with option to flex hours as needed.
- Ability to facilitate partnerships and collaborations between diverse community stakeholders.
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team, especially of diverse backgrounds.
- Working knowledge of grassroots organizations in the region.
- Ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple priority projects while meeting established deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail. Ability to be flexible and be able to adapt with changes.
Intermediate technological skills and access to a smart phone and laptop computer.
- $40,000-50,000 salary range with exact salary depending on experience. New staff rarely start at top of range.
- Health benefits after 3 months.
- Paid vacation days (14), paid holidays (6), and paid vacation days (14).
How to Apply:
Please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. The email-subject line should read “Program Coordinator” or may be missed. All resumes not matching the listed qualifications or following the application process will not be considered for the position. Lastly, no phone calls or additional unsolicited follow-ups, please.
This job description is intended to help describe the general work level of performance, knowledge and experience from the person holding this position. This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the role.